Adventures of a Forced Migrant Contact Me
A host of the popular show ‘Top Gear’ described a Mexican car and people as “lazy, feckless, and flatulent” on a recent show. And it is not going over well with a lot of people.
The icing on the cake is that the Top Gear hosts were confident that people would not complain. Especially the Mexican Ambassador to the UK, who they pre-supposed, would be asleep on the job. After all, Mexicans love to eat refried cheesy food and sleep against the fence with their coat hanging on a cactus, according to the hosts.
Don’t take my word for it. Watch it for yourselves while you can since BBC is in a rush to take down all videos of these offensive remarks for “copyright violations.”
I think the better question is why would anyone watch such a filthy and ignorant show?
Mexican Ambassador Medina has urged Hammond, the show presenters and the BBC, to apologize for what he says are “offensive”, “xenophobic” and “humiliating” remarks. I urge you to do the same. Tell BBC and Top Gear hosts that this type of humor is unacceptable.
- “Top Gear Presenters Accused of Racism. World Acts Surprised” and related posts (ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com)
- Mexico angered by Top Gear ‘xenophobia’ (independent.co.uk)
- Mexico wants apology after “Top Gear” tirade (reuters.com)
- Mexican car described as ‘lazy, feckless, flatulent’ by Top Gear team: We’re not like that (dailymail.co.uk)
- We¿re not like that, insists ambassador after Top Gear¿s slur on Mexicans (and their cars) as ¿lazy, feckless and flatulent¿ (dailymail.co.uk)