Adventures of a Forced Migrant Contact Me
I need to keep a track of my numerous Change.org petitions. It is out of control. FYI, I want to take the opportunity to do a shameless plug for Change.org. It’s a fantastic petition tool for grassroot activists and community organizations who cannot afford to spend thousands of dollars in software. Please check it out and use it for local, targeted campaigns with specific asks. For example, it works wonders to flood the President of your school with emails concerning an issue, not that I’m suggesting that you do that.
Some of the petitions I’ve created lately are below:
- Urge DHS To Grant Deferred Enforced Departure and Temporary Protected Status For Libya
- Ask Gov. Christie to Pardon Legal Immigrant in Deportation for $15 Drug Bust From 16 Years Ago
- Condemn HB-59 – Don’t Let Georgia Ban Immigrant Students
- Don’t Deport Future Engineer – Keep Mariano Cardoso At Home
- Ask the U.S. State Department to Treat Indian Students Caught Up in Visa-Scam Fairly
- Tell ICE to Stop Deportation of 19-Year-Old Aspiring Pastor, David Morales
- Tell Herndon City Council to Abolish Discriminatory Day Laborer Restrictions
- Tell DC City Council To Remove SSN Requirement for Driver’s Licenses
- Tell Kentucky House Legislators To Stop Anti-Immigrant Bill
- Stop Texas GOP Witch Hunt of Undocumented K-12 Students
- Support Tuition Equity For All Students In Maryland
- Pass the California DREAM Act
Now I know why I can’t seem to keep track of everything and have e-petition burnout. You wouldn’t see these many actions from fully-funded and staffed immigrant rights groups because they don’t have capacity. I’m just a full-time law student. And it’s not even advisable to have these many actions at the same time.
If anyone has updates or comments related to these online petitions, please give me a heads-up.