Human Rights and Immigration Lawyer Contact Me
Yesterday, we had a paparazzi wedding ceremony at the Lutheran Church of Reformation in Washington D.C.
It was nonetheless, lovely to share our love with so many people, including all our badass friends from the National Immigrant Youth Alliance, and the same-sex binational couples from Immigration Equality who have so long been denied due process and equal protection under the law.
Special thanks go to Emiliano Rojas, son of Claudio Rojas, who is the Cake Boss of the movement and stayed up all night making us a beautiful wedding cake with the help of Cristobal Lagunas-Alvarez, from DreamActivist Massachusetts. We are still eating through it, but you can have a photo.
We’ll be getting legally married in a private ceremony in August.
Thank you so much for making this day so wonderful and special.
Now Lindsay can work towards getting her Fijian citizenship.
Some media articles about the wedding are here:
- ABC 7 Video Coverage of the Wedding
- NBCLatino: DREAMers, LGBT community come together to support “undocuqueer” wedding
- Associated Press: Graduation ceremony for immigrants to feature wedding between activist, same-sex partner
- ABC News: Celebrating Green Cards for Same-Sex Couples, Immigrant Youth Urge Action
- Indocumentados y homosexuales celebran la realización de un sueño
- Washington Blade: Dream Act event features lesbian wedding
- MetroWeekly: Dreamer’s Post-DOMA Big Day
- Borderzine – Wedding joins two persons and two causes – LGBT advocacy and the DREAMers movement
P.S. Please email Lindsay Schubiner, email@example.com, for media quotes and comments as I’m busy studying for the bar exam.
P.P.S. Please send us all photos of the wedding ceremony!
Photo Credit: William Anderson, Benito Miller and Immigration Equality