Adventures of a Forced Migrant Contact Me
For serious inquiries only, use the contact page.
Honorariums are much appreciated, provide me with an incentive to leave beautiful California, and shows me that the requestor values my time!
- Fall 2018: Daynard Public Interest Fellow, September 24-26, 2018.
- Borders and Banishment, Georgetown Law School, March 2018.
- United Against White Supremacy, Berkeley Law School, January 2018.
- Undocumented Knowledge – Students, Borders and the Politics of Sanctuary, Harvard, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 2017.
- Race in Shifting Times: Politics, Power and Policy-Making, 7th Annual Race & Policy Symposium, 7th Annual Race and Policy Symposium, Goldman School of Public Policy, 2017, University of California, Berkeley, California, 2017.
- What is a Sanctuary Campus? UC Berkeley School of Law, Berkeley, California, 2017.
- “We are Criminals,” 3rd CINETS Conference – Crimmigration in the Shadow of Sovereignty Sponsored by MLAW Programs, University of Maryland School of Law, Maryland, 2016.
- Sankofa: Intergenerational Transformations, Plenary, America Healing Conference, Asheville, NC, 2015.
- Negotiating Diversity’s Boundaries: Diversity Policies for Asian Pacific Americans, Harvard Law School – Annual APALSA Conference, Boston, Massachusetts, 2015.
- #MediaImagesMatter: The Combined Effects of Traditional and New Media in Perpetuating Stereotypes of People of Color, 6th Annual Broadband and Social Justice Summit, Washington D.C., 2015.
- Social Engagement and Political Participation, Millennials Rising, New America Foundation, Washington D.C., 2014.
- Crimmigration – But We Are All Criminals, The Prison State: Our Collective Intersections with the Prison System, Hampshire College, Massachusetts, 2014.
- Undocuqueer, George Mason University, Virginia, 2014.
- Undoing Borders and Queering the Undocumented Narrative, Georgetown University, Washington D.C., 2012
- Town Hall: Is the Opportunity to Learn a Moral Imperative in the United States? National Opportunity to Learn Summit, Washington D.C., 2012.
- AAPIs and the Urgency for Comprehensive Immigration Reform, Asian Pacific Americans for Progress (APAP)-Washington, DC Chapter, Washington D.C., 2010.
- LGBT Pre-Conference and Perspectives from the Social Change Blogosphere, Netroots Nation Conference, Pittsburgh, PA
- Undocumented and Unheard, Asian American Law Journal, UC Berkeley School of Law, Berkeley, California, 2016.
- Scholarships A-Z Conference, Tucson, Arizona, 2016.
- Detainment, Detention, and Imprisonment: State Authority over Marginalized LGBT Communities, Lambda/JLG Colloquium, Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 2016.
Continuing Legal Education Seminars
- Symposium: Advocating for Immigrants in Uncertain Times, CLE, St. Mary’s University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas, 2017.
- DACA Nuts and Bolts Seminar, Federal Bar Association, Washington D.C. Chapter, Washington D.C., 2012.
- Defense of Marriage Act, Law for the People National Lawyers Guild Convention, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania., 2011
- Emerging Issues for LGBT Immigrants, Asylees and Refugee Seekers CLE with the National Lawyers Guild, Golden Gate University, San Francisco, California, 2011.
- Know Your Rights, Berkeley City College, Berkeley, California, 2017.
- Immigration 101 at RISE Conference, Berkeley, California, 2016.
- 5 Things Every South Asian Organization Needs to Know to Engage LGBTQI* South Asians, National South Asian Summit, Washington D.C., 2015
- Moderator for Building Our Power: AAPI Mobilization for CIR, Advancing Justice – AAJC Conference, Washington D.C., 2014.
- LGBT Movement Building: Intersection and Opportunity for South Asian LGBTIQ Community Members and Allies, South Asian Americans Leading Together Summit, Washington D.C., 2013.
- AAPI DREAMs: New Stories from Undocumented Activists, NQAPIA Conference, Arlington, Virginia, 2012.
- Home Sweet Home, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, SAAN, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 2012.
- Regulating Bodies, Queer and Trans Conference, Swarthmore, Pennsylvania, 2012.
- Organizing Against Oppression, South Asian Americans Leading Together Conference, Washington D.C., 2011.
- Workshop on Organizing Through Social Media, Rootscamp Conference, Washington D.C., 2010.
- Immigration, Identities and Injustice, Incorporating Undocumented Students and Youth: A UC-Wide Workshop of Research and Policy Recommendations, University of California, Santa Barbara, California, 2016.
- Rethinking ‘Illegal’s’ The Racialization of Undocumented Americans, Identity and Citizenship, Paper presented at the American Association of Geographers (AAG), Boston, Massachusetts, April 2008.
- The Complex of International Relations: The Faulty Epistemology of Dominant IR Discourse, Paper presented at the International Studies Association (ISA), Chicago, Illinois, March 2007.
- Three-Part Series: All You Need to Know About Immigration Enforcement, Asian Americans Advancing Justice – AAJC, Washington D.C., 2015.
- Executive Action on Immigration Webinar, NAPABA Immigration Committee and Asian Americans Advancing Justice – AAJC, 2015.
- Deferred Action for Dreamers: A Call for LGBT Youth, Immigration Equality, 2012.
Inverting the Meaning of Model Minority, TEDTalk, Washington D.C., 2012