Human Rights and Immigration Lawyer Contact Me
Care to Share Your Holiday Reading List?
Anyone want to suggest some titles I should add to my reading list? I am eyeing these currently–will probably skim whatever I can get my hands on.
Some of these are available on Google Books. And you can download files from Google Books using this tool (NOT A HACK).
The categories are problematic. Obviously, most of the titles don’t ‘fit’ into one area only, but it’s to help the non-native speakers of English who access this blog.
- Crossing Borders: Love Between Women in Medieval French and Arabic Literatures (The Middle Ages Series) by Sahar Amer (Hardcover – Jun 4, 2008)
- AsiaPacifQueer: Rethinking Genders and Sexualities by Fran Martin, Peter Jackson, Mark McLelland
- Making People Illegal: What Globalization Means for Migration and Law (Law in Context)
- The Latino Threat: Constructing Immigrants, Citizens, and the Nation
- The Citizen and the Alien: Dilemmas of Contemporary Membership
- Beyond Citizenship: American Identity After Globalization
- Illegal People: How Globalization Creates Migration and Criminalizes Immigrants by David Bacon
- The Accidental American: Immigration and Citizenship in the Age of Globalization by Rinku Sen (Author), Fekkak Mamdouh (Contributor)
- Migration And Its Enemies: Global Capital, Migrant Labour And the Nation-state by Robin Cohen
- Impossible Subjects: Illegal Aliens and the Making of Modern America (Politics and Society in Twentieth Century America)
Tourism / Cultural Studies / Cultural Memory Studies ?
Subaltern Studies / Post-Colonialism
- Globalization and Postcolonialism: Hegemony and Resistance in the Twenty-first Century by Sankaran Krishna
- Violent Belongings: Partition, Gender, and Postcolonial Nationalism in India by Kavita Daiya
- History, the Human, and the World Between by R. Radhakrishnan
- Postcolonial Resistance: Culture, Liberation, and Transformation (Cultural Spaces) by David Jefferess
- Capital, Interrupted: Agrarian Development and the Politics of Work in India by Vinay Gidwani Geographies of Postcolonialism by Joanne Sharp
- The Origins of Violence: Religion, History and Genocide by John Docker
- Coloniality at Large: Latin America and the Postcolonial Debate (Latin America Otherwise) by Mabel Morana, Enrique Dussel, and Carlos Jauregui
- Geographies of Development: An Introduction to Development Studies by Robert B. Potter
- Obsolescent Capitalism: Contemporary Politics and Global Disorder by Samir Amin (Author)
Popular Culture ?