Human Rights and Immigration Lawyer Contact Me
I’ve been involved in the immigrant rights struggle for over 6 years. I’ll be an immigration attorney in a few months. These are some of the blogs that have informed me over the years and crafted my understanding of both immigration law and policy. I’ve built relationships with some of these authors as we fight the good fight. In no particular order:
César Cuauhtémoc García Hernández, an assistant professor at Capital University Law School (CV), and Carlos Moctezuma García, an attorney at García & García Attorneys at Law, P.L.L.C., run this blog that focuses primarily on the growing intersection between criminal and immigration issues. Crimmigration was recently nominated as a Top Blawg by the ABA Journal.
Angelo Paparelli, friend of the blog, is the go-to for the dysfunctions of the immigration system, especially as it pertains to employment side. Whats more, his thoughts are so highly appreciated and influential that even USCIS Director Alejandro Mayorkas secretly or not so secretly reads what Angelo has to say.
Ran by heavyweight law professors such as Kevin Johnson and Bill O’ Hing, the Immigration Professor Blog boasts latest information on both immigration law and policy. It is run much like a community blog so one can email in submissions and if appropriate, one of the professors puts it up!
4. Lexis-Nexis Immigration Blog – Bender’s Immigration Bulletin (BIBDaily)
Dan Kowalski does a traffic job managing what is known as BIBDaily in immigration law circles. BIBdaily is a blog dedicated to immigration related issues, which includes news updates, articles from other publications, and commentary from its Editors.
This is the holy grail of immigration law. Here, you find Greg Siskind on Immigration Law and Policy, Angelo Paparelli on Dysfunctional Government, Carl Shusterman’s Immigration Update, Matthew Kolken on Deportation And Removal, Lory Rosenberg on Appeal Matters and so on.
6. Asylumist – As the name suggests, Attorney Jason Dzubow blogs mostly on asylum in the U.S., but he occasionally shares his thoughts on immigration judges, and the process.
7. Vivir Latino – When you need a break from mainstream media, and the talking heads of immigration non-profits, this is where you go to figure out what is really going on.
8. The Insightful Immigration Blog – Arguably the best immigration attorneys in New York, Cyrus Mehta and David Isaacson know what is up in the Second Circuit and much more, when it comes to immigration law.
10. DreamActivist – Since circa 2007, undocumented youth have built this blog into a powerhouse in the immigration debate, such that Hill Staffers, prominent politicians and crappy immigration lawyers threaten to sue the bloggers quite frequently. The attitude of the bloggers: Bring it. Also, check out IYJL for some powerful commentary from the grassroots.
11. America’s Voice Blog and Think Progress – The non-profit industrial complex is worth checking out for critiques of right-wing demagoguery on immigration, and the latest on comprehensive immigration reform, from a slightly left of center perspective.
12. Open Borders: The Case – The Efficient, Egalitarian, Libertarian, Utilitarian Way to Double World GDP — Bryan Caplan. Why not?